I love to eat and you can judge my passion for food from my eclectic tastes and ofcourse my refrigerator which hosts a variety of things and which in my mother's words can "feed the entire colony"!

Give me tasty food and I am a happy man! While I love experimenting with new recipes and am always on the lookout for food that looks yummy and also tastes yummy, there are a few recipes that are sure to make me drool. I can give up any food option if they are in front of me and if I have a choice of eating either of the two.

Today, I'll share some of my favourite recipes that never let me down and which are guaranteed to make me happy and satisfied.

Source
1) Ma ke hath ki Dal Makhani
There is nothing more tasty than a meal cooked by a mother. Even normal recipes turn into extraordinary when she cooks them. Being a Punjabi, Dal Makhani is a normal presence on our meal list but nothing beats the Dal Makhani prepared by my mother because there is the extra ingredient called 'LOVE' added to it.

Give me Dal Makhani with either white butter or fresh cream and I am happy. It doesn't matter if there is chapati, naan or rice with it. I can even eat this recipe alone and still be super satisfied with a contented smile on my face!

Source
2) Chicken Biryani
I just love the aroma, the long grains of rice perfectly cooked in rich spices and complemented with expertly cooked chicken in a Chicken Biryani. I love all kinds of Chicken Biryani be it Hyderabadi or Lucknowi or some other varied preparation like the Sindhi Biryani from other parts of the country.

Give me a plate of steaming Chicken Biryani and you have really made my day!

Did you know that there are almost 12 types of Biryani that I have tried and I have been told that this number is not even the half of the number of variations that exist in India. Cool, isn't it!


Source

This is a Tamil style Chicken Biryani. Lavishly sprinkled with fried onions, cashew nuts and containing boiled egg apart from Chicken, doesn't this recipe look just delicious!







Lucknowi Biryani with its rich flavour of saffron, rose water, the expertly cooked chicken and the right mix of spices giving the long grained rice its memorable taste, is a recipe fit for the Nawabs!








Laced with fried onions and cooked in fine, fragrant condiments and spices, Hyderabadi Biryani is another big hit for me!









The above are just a few of the lip smacking variations of this recipe. India being a culturally vibrant country is full of many tasty varieties of Chicken Biryani.

Source
3) Tunday Kebab
If you haven't eaten Tunday Kebab, named after their maker Tunday Kababi in Lucknow, these kebabs just melt in your mouth and are so tasty that they are sure to make you come back for more!

I love eating Tunday Kebab with green chutney, some onions and either roomali roti or ulte tawa ka parantha. Prepared in special spices, this recipe has fans all over the world. A not-to-be missed recipe, this one is a must-eat whenever I am in Lucknow.

Luckily, now a franchise of Tunday Kababi has opened in my city too which is like a boon from God. Really! Try out this recipe and you'll know why I love it so much.

Source
4) Butter Chicken
Just imagine that creamy, slightly sweet but still spicy chicken cooked perfectly in a tomato rich gravy. Made you feel hungry, right? Well, this is what I feel whenever I think of this very sumptuous and a favourite of mine, recipe.

Ravish it with butter naan and you are in heaven!
I am always left drooling and craving the Butter Chicken or Chicken Makhani, whenever someone asks me about the food that I love and that make me drool.





Source
5) Faluda Kulfi
A perfect summer treat, I absolutely love eating Faluda Kulfi. Malai Kulfi containing pista, kesar (saffron) and almonds, garnished with faluda which is flavourless like simple boiled noodles and flavoured with some rose flavoured sugar syrup, this recipe is a must eat and guaranteed to make you love it!




The above recipes are only a few of the many recipes that make me drool. 
The list of my favourites goes on and on from 
Source
Aloo Parantha made by my mother, 


 dhokla,
Source
khandvi, 

Source
tandoori chicken,  
etc.

If I sit down to write about all the recipes that excite my taste buds then I would be writing for a very long time! :)


What are your favourite recipes that make you drool? Share with me in the comments section.

This post is my entry for #BloggerDreamTeam campaign.

1 comments:

  1. Wow..All these recipes have made me drool and really hungry...:)
    Nicely written. (o)

    ReplyDelete

 
Top